Port of Deauville
Peninsula of La Touques - Deauville, France
Two belvederes located at the entrance to the port of Deauville are adorned with French limestone
On the marina of the Peninsula of La Touques in Deauville (Calvados), the new belvederes have been completed. The two towers, 27 meters high, structure the port and affirm the character of this gateway to the estuary and the ocean.
Their architecture, signed by Xavier Bohl, is inspired by the old lighthouse, built in 1874 and demolished in 1929. To dress these two obelisks, the City of Deauville used stones marketed by Polycor: Sebastopol stone for cladding openings and window sills and Saint-Maximin stone for the foundations.
This project highlights the possibilities offered by modern construction during urban rehabilitation. The performance of a new building is combined here with an architectural style integrated with the existing one.
“The development project for the Touques peninsula aims to rehabilitate and requalify this district of Deauville. On this industrial wasteland, new buildings will be created, others renovated, with a mixed program of housing, hotel, tourist residence, public facilities, shops and car parks. A real neighborhood with its own life, its traders. "